ANST - Assembly of the Contrade

Administrator to the Doge thedoge at xoommail.com
Wed Jan 26 11:43:55 PST 2000

Let All Know that on the Feast of the Epiphany,
anno domimi fourteen hundred ninety-three, did
our beloved Lord Machac de Fattoria de Pescare de
Gatto pass from our company.  His untimely
passing has left the succession of his estate in
doubt. The Doge will choose the heir at a great
gathering of all those Noble and Worthy:

The Assembly of the Contrade*

April 28-30, 2000 near the hamlet of Hempstead at
the intersection of Kings Highways 6 and 290.

The Doge has called the Contrades together to
select the group most able to maintain the prized
land in a manner befitting a great house of
Venice. The Contrades should show that they are
able to defend the land and maintain civic order.
They should be able to support the holding
through commerce and hunting. They should also
represent the best of the Renaissance through
patronage of the arts and entertainments for the
assembly. Fighters of all kinds, entertainers,
and all those who would venture forth from the
city to enjoy the spectacle, pageantry and profit
of such a gathering are encouraged to come.

Those who would vie for this honor must contact
the Doge’s scribe in advance to receive a booklet
and ensure their place in the Assembly.  Have
your scribes contact:

Mistress Kaitlyn McKenna, 16226 Kintyre Point,
Houston, TX  77095, 281-345-1114,
kaitlyn_mckenna at hotmail.com or visit
http://members.zoom.com/thedoge

* A contrade is the term used to refer to
districts that band together for yearly city
games. For our purposes, contrades are the groups
formed of households, branches of the SCA, or any
other configuration in order to compete as a
group in this tournament.

There can be only one....
Attend the Assembly