ANST - A new source for cops and hilts

Stacy/"Vanora" Vanora at n-link.com
Wed Jan 26 14:06:12 PST 2000

Greetings friends,

	I know that the kingdom has been a bit dry in the area or armourers and it
can be a little hard to find even the simplest of items.

	So, I had a thought... my father does welding as a hobby at this point
with a strong background in metalwork and even underwater welding. I spoke
with him recently and he would be very interested in making things like
shield basket hilts, sword basket hilts, knee and elbow cops, etc....
perhaps making even more items further down the road.
	He is not in the SCA, but has been around it enough to know what I'm
talking about and has had an eyeful of some good armour in the Elfsea area.
He might also consider becoming a merchant in the SCA should this be
something that could become regular for him.
	I'll be sending him some examples, sketches, and so forth and he'll be
getting out his equipment and making some of his own cops and hilts. He is
interested in selling to the kingdom, so drop him a line at
Chilicoyot at aol.com and his name is Glenn Dickey. His other work is really
good and I have no doubt that he'd do a fantastic job on armour too... I
should know seeing how well he did on rebuilding his '29 Dodge and '34
Model-T Ford roadsters, the 66' Chevy Impala, the contraption for the back
of my grandfather's wheelchair to carry his oxygen..... etc, etc, etc.....

Tell him his little girl sent you  ;)

A Votre Service,
Vanora

My personal Homepage: