ANST - Queens

PotterKD at aol.com PotterKD at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 16:36:51 PST 2000

Greetings unto the lists!

I truly don't know where to begin -- there were so many great things that
happened this weekend.  I guess as the saying goes....begin in the
beginning....

To the Shire of Tempo -- you are wonderful people.  You braved the cold, put
up with a determined Queen, cook one of the BEST feasts I've had in the SCA
and made a day that would have been normally dismal into one of the best I
have ever had.

To the Barony of Bjornsborg - Especially Harry, Isobel, Amarinda and Dominic
for driving it to Queen's -- the Bjornsborg BFT.  Without this tent I would
not have the ability to hold this tournament, court or feast.  It kept us all
warm enough in the morning and evening hours.

To Mistress(s) Stella, Asyln and Serrena.  Without your ladies help my list
would have not run as efficiently as it did -- you three did a great job!

To those 53 fighters and the other members of the good gentles who came to
watch -- you made my day most memorable.  As I said this weekend I will say
again -- the largest Queen's was 120....I would not trade my 53 for 220!  I
got to see every fight -- I knew every fighter.  The blow calling was
impeccable and the fighting grand!

To the Marshals -- who marshaled around a center poll and a small(ish) field
-- You gave the fighters the ability to do what they do.

To my friends and my entourage who I was driving crazy over this whole event
*smile* -- you helped me do what I wanted to do at my Queen's for My fighters.

To Lord Pete, Mistress Aethelyan, the other adults who marshaled and came to
watch, and especially the children -- what a wonderful Guardians of the
Queen's Hope tournament we had today.

To everyone I mentioned and those who I will think of after I finish this
letter - THANK YOU!  YOU all made a very worried Queen so happy that she
writes this letter with tears of joy.  What a wonderful weekend you all gave
me.

Learning to serve the dream and Ansteorra,

Kayleigh, Queen.