ANST - history

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Sat Jul 22 06:22:50 PDT 2000

Her Excellency reminds me of a early fighting women story.  We were at a
tourney in  Bryn Gwlad many, many years ago.  In the pairings a friend of
mine, Galen Ost Westley, drew the then Lady Janet Morningstar.  Never having
fought a woman he sought advise.  He asked the then Lord Dragagmir how
should he fight her.  He told him to get the biggest, baddest mace he could
find and make a tent peg out of her as quick as he could.  Galen said, "I
can't do that to a lady."  Lay on was called.  Lady Janet swarmed over
Galen's shield and wacked him  a good one.  Lady Janet won.  Galen dragged
himself off the field and said, "I see what you mean."

Gilli