ANST - CORONATION QUESTION

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Mon Jul 31 08:23:50 PDT 2000

I'm sorry you accidentally sent that to the list.  I wanted to reply because
you might have meant to reply to me personally and I was involved.

Kayleigh is a very close friend of mine.  We've known each other for about
seven years and we were both cadets to the same man, so she is my sister and
we really have a sibling relationship.

She didn't give out very many Queen's gloves and those she did give were
given before Coronation, so some people won't remember that they were given.
The fact that she gave out so few made them special and the two people I
know received gloves from her worked so hard I don't think I could have
matched them had I tried.  She perhaps didn't give gloves to people who were
recognized in other ways.  In my case, it was a huge honor to be on her
guard.  Kayleigh knows me and I know the work she did for me in many ways,
so I personally feel I was recognized at least at and really above anything
I could have done for her.  I think others would say the same.  Perhaps you
didn't realize the significance to us of being given pieces of a White Scarf
that had been given to her by someone so dear she'd made him a Lion of
Ansteorra.  I almost cried I felt so honored and I'm one of those people
who'd rather purposely smash my hand with a hammer than cry in public.

I don't mean to attack you and I'm sorry you accidentally posted to the
list.  HE Kayleigh did more for me than I can hope to measure up to and I
can't not express that in this case.

Hawkins