ANST - On Another subject entirely

Melinda aerin at tcac.net
Fri Jun 2 00:28:08 PDT 2000

As a relatively new player to the game (was in on and off for two years
thenin 1998 began playing more and traveling more) it always brings the
dream alive for me, and a smile to my heart,  when I see couples on the
field recieving and giving their salutes.  I do not have a lord at present
and when I did, he did not fight.  I know that when, and or, if I ever have
a lord that will fight for me, I would do everything in my power to be there
for my salutes. (Of course sense I am ususally listmistressing or water
bearing this isn't much of a problem *g*) I would consider it a great honor
that he has chosen, or asked, me for him to bear my favor.  I am glad that I
have such excellent role models in this, from Her Majesty Kaleigh, Her
Highness Allyson, Duchess Willow, Duchess Larrissa, and many many MANY more.
Thank you for the fine example you present to all of the ladies of this
Kingdom. I hope that this discussion reaches many people and helps them to
bring the dream alive for not only themselves but for others as well.

In Service to the Love of the Dream,
Lady Aerin of Adlersruhe

Before I get drilled into the ground, I would like to add that I do realize
that not everyone's dream includes watching fighting.  I know that there are
other things to be done at events than just the fighting.  I am not saying
we should do this to the exclusion of all other things, it is just something
nice that is done and heartening to watch.  I further agree that this should
be worked out between each individual couple, and that you don't have to
miss your other activities just to be there for a few moments to watch your
fighter.