ANST -being Old Fashion

Lee Lemons lalemons at flash.net
Sat Jun 10 18:36:32 PDT 2000

jonwillowpel at juno.com wrote:

> Dear people on the list
>
> Recently I had a situation.

<snip>

> I thought about it and answered that was true at the BIG events
> but there were lots of smaller events, under 300, that still needed
> everyone at the event to work together.

Big events and small events often have quite a few new members who would love
to help but wouldn't know it was needed, who to ask, etc.  If a Peer is
consulted at an event to help, I can't think of anyone I know who wouldn't jump
right up and help, or if for some reason they absolutely can't, that they
wouldn't find someone to take their place.

> My friend pointed out to me that
> other peers have big parties at  the small events with no regard to the
> official activities and other peers don't put themselves out making
> things happen at events and I was just being old fashion.

Okay, I've seen this too, but rare and far between.

> When I joined
> it is assumed that because a peer was a leader of people that it was the
> duty of a peer to help make the planned event come off well. One of the
> reasons we stressed Knights being able to perform was because they had to
> be able to keep the party and the atmosphere going if it faltered. I know
> that at the mega events there are lots of people to lots of things but I
> still believe that there is a need at the small events for peers to pitch
> in and help.  Am I being old fashion?

I don't think you're being old fashioned, Your Grace, I think you're being a
PEER, who is a positive example for all to follow.

> Duchess Willow de Wisp

Curstaidh