ANST - SCA PEERS

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Thu Jun 22 10:13:33 PDT 2000

Sir Alrek Kanin said:
> There is not, to my knowledge, a crown winning member of the Royal Family who is
> not a knight though,

I believe this is true. While a few have won Crown when they were not
Knights, they are usually made a Knight soon after this. Sometimes it
seems that the fastest way to become a Knight is to win Crown. :-)

> When a Laurel or Pelican is made in this Kingdom a member
> of each of the peerages speaks for them and announces that they are a peer.

I'm afraid I don't remember the actual ceremonies that well, but is
this required being spoken for by representatives of each of the
other orders only for Laurels and Pelicans? Or is this also required
for Knights? If not, why not?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous