ANST - On Another subject entirely

Susan Bowen bbowen at ev1.net
Thu Jun 1 16:41:59 PDT 2000

I have been reading all the postings about watching our lords (consorts) when
they fight on the field of combat. My lord and I have recently had
conversations about this very topic. It was easier to always be by the field
watching when there wasn't anything else going on at an event. Our
events have
gotten more full of activities than they were in the "olden" days. Which means
that we need to make a conscious decision that being by the list field is
important when the person who is bearing your favor is on the field.
This has
been said eloquently by others.
However, something else has not been said. We all like to see our work admired
by the people we care about. This means we would like our fighters to
come see
our arts displays, hear our bardic recitations, watch our equestrian matches,
etc. Please know that it means as much to us who do not fight to have our
efforts supported by those we love and honor as it does to you to have us
watching you by the list field.
My lord and I have renewed a commitment to be there to support each
other in
our various endeavors, though it will often mean communicating ahead of time
about how we can make our schedules mesh to "do our thing" and "support each
other" at the same event. It sounds like this is something many of us
need to
think about and work on.
Thanks for listening,
Baroness Philippa Rookhaven