ANST - Deus lo volt ... was: Courtesy Crusade

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 09:25:18 PDT 2000

"... "Deus lo volt!" almost spookily reproduces, from within, the
particular sensibility -- spiritual, cognitive, literary -- of a
particular moment in history. In this case, the events unfold
starting in 1096, when Pope Urban launches the crusades to free
Jerusalem from the "infidels, ... "

Dearest 'Wolf,

Perhaps it is my memory lacking, but in all my travels in Ansteorra in the
past almost two years, and they have been extensive, I think I have somehow
failed to meet you?

Why indeed is that?

I have a very gentle heart, and indeed do have feelings which can be hurt
like any others.  Why would you inferr such things to a Lady whom you have
not made the accquaintence?  I am curious.

Forgive me if my words stray from the subject or harm anyone's peace of
heart.

Larissa