ANST - Peers speaking for Peers (was: SCA PEERS)

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Thu Jun 22 10:39:23 PDT 2000

The tradition of having a member of each other order of
peerage speak for a new peer at their creation goes back
to the second reign of Seamus & Karlanna, 13 years ago.
We brought it back from Pennsic, after seeing several
peers made, and thinking it looked good.  At first it was
just the other peerages, later the Order of the Rose
(which is not an order of peerage in Ansteorra) and the
Order of the Lions were included in the ceremony as well.

I was the third knight to be created in Ansteorra in this
tradition.  Master Orm (who happens to be the premier
Lion) spoke for me as a Laurel, and Master Tivar (the
premier Don) spoke as a Pelican for me.

It's consider pretty much a requirement for any peerage
anymore.

- Galen of Bristol
Golden Staff Herald