ANST - SCA PEERS

okrabbit at home.com okrabbit at home.com
Thu Jun 22 10:49:35 PDT 2000

Mark.S Harris wrote:

> Sir Alrek Kanin said:
> > There is not, to my knowledge, a crown winning member of the Royal Family who is
> > not a knight though,
>
> I believe this is true. While a few have won Crown when they were not
> Knights, they are usually made a Knight soon after this. Sometimes it
> seems that the fastest way to become a Knight is to win Crown. :-)

Stefan this has not happend in YEARS, about 10 or so I believe but my memory is
shabby.  There have been many knights made before they have won crown tourney since
that time.

> I'm afraid I don't remember the actual ceremonies that well, but is
> this required being spoken for by representatives of each of the
> other orders only for Laurels and Pelicans? Or is this also required
> for Knights? If not, why not?

I have seen ceremonies for all three peerages of late and I dont know if it is
required for each peerage to speak up or if it is a courtesy thing.  I am not into the
law part of the SCA but I know it looks great to have that done in the ceremony.  My
favorite ceremony was Duchess Alisha's knighting, when all of the assembled Laurels at
Steppes stood behind her to speak for her.  This was a spectacular site to see the
support of another peerage group stand so strong together for someone they thought
deserving.

Alrek