ANST - Musing on June 28th; :Lancing a Lot

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 28 14:55:55 PDT 2000

--- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at health.state.ok.us>
wrote:
> > You might ask "What happened to the Lance then?"
> That is a long
> > story.
> > Suffice it to say that Charlemagne supposedly
> carried into battle.
>

> I guess with Faith (whatta gal!) all things are
> possible.  Charlemagne
> (742?-814) carried it into battle after it was found
> in Antioch in 1098.  A
> powerful amulet indeed!

Sorry about the previous post with no mutterings from
me attached to it - hit the wrong button.

I don't know about Charlemagne, but there were several
"Holy Lances" that got carried by various people and
were attributed to be THE Holy Lance.  See
http://www.ostgardr.org/seahorse/articles/Holy.Lance
for more details.

Padraig

=====