ANST - Youth Chivalric.

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Mon May 8 08:17:26 PDT 2000

Thanks...As a local youth rapier marshal, I'm just finding that keeping some of
these these very aggressive, competitive young guys who really want to win and
like bashing things and the exertion of physical combat, under control while
using a foil blade, is a bit intriguing.

I don't know if the 5 gallon drums are of sufficient gauge...though they could
probably be layered.

Something that I've heard of folks using, also, is the larger, 60 Gallon+ blue
or black plastic drums.  I know that Ravensfort uses these for their water
tanks, all over The Stones.   Or...those large drums that are filled with sand
or water, that are used to dampen accidents when folks run into large, immovable
parts of the highway- I've heard of SCA people getting hold of the post-accident
broken barrels, forming armor and painting it black, for very little money.
Anyone have a free source of these barrels?  Plus the aforementioned info on how
to safely construct the stuff...?

Isobel