ANST - On Another subject entirely

jonwillowpel at juno.com jonwillowpel at juno.com
Wed May 31 22:06:47 PDT 2000

To the lords and ladies of the list.
I realize that a consort has many things to do but I would like to make a
comment. I have been married to two champion fighters. Master Torgati was
my first husband and other than his first tourney never lost a tournament
as long as I was able to stand at the list field for him. He is the
Master Torgati that crossed the King of Atenvelt to salute his lady. My
second husband when he was a squire declared to the knights of Ansteorra
that he had a unfair advantage " His Love!". I have been told by many
gentlemen that having their ladies there by the list field made the
difference as to whether they had a good day or a bad day. Many of the
consorts don't realize that they can make a difference. When my lord
stood by me at the kingdom bardic it bought out the best in me. I will
always remember it with a special smile.  I do not believe I would had
won without his support.

The presence of the ladies at the list field  can also bring good things
for the Kingdom. When we were having problems with behavior on the field
we started having the ladies watch small tourneys on Saturday at Crown
Tournament and we had no trouble on Sunday at the official Crown list. No
One wanted to behave in a bad way in front of the ladies.  In the
Medieval ages teaching Chivalry and Courtliness was the duty of the
ladies and their presence inspired the gentlemen to honor and glory.

The Magic which is Ansteorra is not made up of "A DREAM" but of many
"dreams". Little special things we do change us from being in a club in
modern times to us being in ANSTORRA. Meetings and activities pull us one
way and another and sometimes we lose our roots. We all don't have to be
on stage all the time but if each of us would try to a little special
thing once or twice at an event I believe a lot of magic would be added
to our kingdom.
Willow de Wisp