ANST - Bryn Gwlad Baronial Thanks

Mauer, Eric eric.mauer at attws.com
Mon Oct 30 11:30:13 PST 2000

Greeting unto the populace of Bryn Gwlad and Ansteorra!

Thank you all so much for helping us make the Baronial Faire and Peasant
Uprising a successful event. Despite threatening weather and some challenges
with the site, I'm glad to hear that people had a good time, and I'm looking
forward to running another event right after hell freezes over <grin>.

The prospect of writing a list of "thank-yous" terrifies me, since I know
I'll will forget at least some of the people who helped make the event a
success, and butcher the names and titles of those who I do remember. Please
accept my apologies in advance if I've forgotten you, and feel free to add
your praise and word fame to mine if I've missed something.

Thanks to:
My co-steward, Mistress Clare Rosmuire St. John, who handled the
administration, finding sources, damage control, and feast organizing,
covered for me when I had to take care of my lady during the event, spread
calm over a thousand bits of chaos, and worked her herself past the point of
sanity to make this event a success. I've gotten a lot of praise for the
event that is deservedly hers.

The members of my households-Mistress Mirrim, HL Suvdchin, Master Pug, Lady
Myfanway, Ujin Menj, Lady Bronwyn, Lady Eleanor, Lord Ishvael, and their
children, for support of both stewards and event. When Clare, Teresa and I
volunteered to do the event, it was as individuals. When we ran it, it was
with the support of family, and I can't imagine a better support staff to
have.

The cook, Lady Teresa, and her support crew and servers, HL Gwenthlian, Lady
Magdalena, Lord Oxlade, Lady Marissa, Lady Eleanor, Lord Ishvael, Helen,
Lady Sosha, Mistress Clarissa, Lord Connor mac Clure (who received a well
deserved Sable Crane) and many others who I'm too brain dead to remember.

The staff of the Boar's Breaste Inn-Jack, Rosie, Desmond, and all the
"ladies". I'm in awe of all the hard work that went into what you did, and
you are responsible for a great deal of the fun people had.

The people who ran the fighting-Lord Connor Sigmundsson (congratulations on
your Cross Fleury), Lord Donal, Don Alexander, Lady Myfanway, Mistress
Clarissa, Countess Margaret and all the marshals, waterbearers, and heralds

HL Suvdchin, for running the quest (who would have thought that the children
of such respectable citizens would make such accomplished thieves?), and
Mistriss Mirrim, for running games (have you flung your yak today?)

The Baronial Guard for being evil and oppressive, and having a good time
doing it.

The set up, transition, and tear down crew-Mistress Mirrim, Lord Alfred (who
got his AoA, and so can't instigate any more rebellions), HL Duncan,
Therion, Lord Marion, and all the others who showed up early, stayed late,
and got drafted in between.

All the people who sat a gate shift, welcomed newcomers, helped move
something, played persona, or just came to the event and had a good time.

Thank you all so very much!

Yours in service,
Alaric Styrr,
called Tuhtahl of the Moritu