ANST - Swords and Barney Fife

Dale Carroll malachai1 at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 27 13:59:08 PDT 2000

Good point.  If you annoy the police or appear dangerous they may haul you
in and force you to prove your affirmative defense.
  However, the Legislative Record of this statute makes clear that the Texas
Legislature wanted to treat historical reenactors in the same manner as
hunters.  Interestingly enough, it appears that we actually have slightly
greater protection as the historical provision does not include travel or
locative restrictions as does the hunting and sporting provision.
Malachai