ANST - Re: History Repeats Itself

Ladyarabella ladyarabella at home.com
Sun Apr 15 16:57:01 PDT 2001

Gilli isn't there a list for conversations about archery?

Sometimes the most proper thing to do is take a big breath, count to 10, and
go with the flow instead of fighting it.  It's easier than barking at a
tree.

I want to make something clear. "I" don't want to force anyone to change
anything.  The current SCA rule allow for both personal eye protection and
ABDs, if the participants want to use them.  Use them if you want to.

However; I don't believe I've ever heard we need to make the arrows "X"
amount safer.  It's just been change them or I will.  Well, we're way past
the "99% safe rule".  It would be a SWAG, but I think there was at least
5,000 to 7,000 arrows and bolts flying around at one time or another at the
war.   Darcy and I and Middleford had well over a thousand there.  We had 3
incidents.  So what does that work out to?

How safe is safer?

Gilli