ANST - Re: History Repeats Itself

Russell mahee of acre husted at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:29:58 PDT 2001

I have watched quietly as post after post comes by on this subject. The
first thing I noticed is that 'reverse entry' is becomming completely lost
in the 'bounce back' issue.

reverse entry: any time the nock end of an arrow touches skin, with greatest
concern of it enterring the helm.

history: reverse entry has happened. ratio is somewhere in the relm of 1 in
2000 chance = .05%

seriousness: loss of sight is a definatively more serious than loss of teeth
or basic skin punchers

Solutions:
1. wear eye protection
2. remove archery combat
3. change the arrows
   a. to something that will not fly
   b. flies so poorly it is not worth shooting
   c. to a style that shoots poorly and many fighters will not call
      (golf-tube arrows)
4. live with things the way they are
5. come up with something better

I have not stated any answers here, but have flavored the view with my
opinion. This is important to _all_ fighters, not just archers. So, please
be patient as we try to figure this out in a public forum and not just
amoungst us arrow-chunkers.

Again I would love to see every fighter in the castle next year with a bow
and six arrows. Then in unified vollies loose them on their foes outside the
wall.

your servant,
mahee