ANST - Re: History Repeats Itself Again and again and again

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Tue Apr 17 23:23:20 PDT 2001

Sluggy writes:
> Trust should not be an issue here because every arrow is inspected
> before the first bout and between each bout before they are returned to
> their archer. They would be removed by the inspecting marshals and I
> expect someone would be talking to the owner since each arrow much be
> identified in order to pass the inspection.

Well there is a slight problem here.  After that initial inspection folks
carried their stuff back to their camps.  At that point we lost control of
the situation.  There were some arrows / bolts that didn't pass inspection.
I wasn't at the inspection point the whole time, so I don't know what happen
to them.  Did they get fixed and reinspected or did they just get put back
in the quiever?  There was nothing to stop folks from just bring non
inspected arrows or bolts on the field.  This did happen in at least one
near disaterous case.

I must say, however, it's been that way since GWI.  I know. I was the
Kingdom Archery Marshal at that one.  But then my loaner box only had 186
arrows in it too.  And there was a total of 13 combat archers in the war.
My, my how things can grow.

Gilli