ANST - Re: History Repeats Itself

Greg Shetler mordockvonrugen at home.com
Wed Apr 18 19:39:37 PDT 2001

Russell mahee of acre wrote:

> ps. 1000 fighters fix their helm is a small expece per fighter. 200 archers
> fix 10,000 arrows is a big expence per archer. just a statement, not an
> arguement

Um, let's be clear on this.  "Fixing helms" may involve replacing them
entirely.  Not all helmets are made so that a screen is even a
possibility.  I won't fight with goggles, as they get dirty, fog up, and
get sweat on them - I won't fight blind.

So: demand that the folks who invited archery onto the field replace
their gear to accomodate?  Or gracefully look for a solution that will
have minimal impact on those who don't do archery?

I don't have a website for them.  I saw these nifty UHMW 1-1/4" wide
nocks at Great Western War in '99.  A merchant was selling them, and I
suspect he's on the web, though can't say for sure.  At the time, Caid
was taking a look at moving from golf tubes to fiberglass shafts, but
was leary of allowing the narrow nocks on the field.

Dux