[Ansteorra] Persona Worksheets

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Wed Aug 22 08:49:38 PDT 2001

Isobel Hadleigh commented:
> I'd like to second what Gunnora is saying about the SCA, or even SCA culture, not
> requiring folks to know their "persona-l" information to this depth.
>
> When I was new, I looked at those worksheets...and -freaked-.  For many people,
> choosing a persona is the first step to learning about history.  The persona is a
> "hook" into a particular time and place, that leads to a gradual increase in
> knowledge; everyone has their  own timeframe of learning, or even desire to learn.
> My guess is that a majority of people in the SCA cannot not answer half of the
> questions presented.  So...new folks!  Do not feel bad if you find yourselves
> stumbling on those questions.  View them as a handy list that will help you
> explore...rather than some strict requirement for surviving and thriving in the SCA.

Correct in my opinion, also. But then, even after 12 years in this
organisation,
I doubt I could answer most of these questions.

For those that are interested in developing their persona further,
perhaps
these files in the Florilegium might be of use.

First, there is the CULTURES section which contains a bunch of
information
and referances on various cultures. Certainly not comprehensive, but a
reasonable place to start for some cultures. For those doing a
Norse/Viking
persona, there is also the NORSE section.

For working on your persona in general, there are these files in the
PERSONA section:
Easy-Persona-art  (12K) 12/26/00    "An Easy Way to Create a Persona in
the SCA"
                                       by Lady Meliora Leuedai de
Ardescote.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Easy-Persona-art.html
Inquisitn-Gme-art (17K)  5/24/99    "The Inquisition Game" by Daniel of
Raven's
                                       Nest.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Inquisitn-Gme-art.html
Names-2-Latin-art  (9K) 12/28/00    "The Latinization of Names in the M.
A." by
                                       Mistress Nicolaa de Bracton of
Leicester.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Names-2-Latin-art.html
persona-art       (14K) 11/12/96    An article on persona by Duke
Cariadoc.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/persona-art.html
Persona-Build-art (14K)  2/24/99    "Building A Persona"
                                       by Pamela Hewitt, the Harper.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/Persona-Build-art.html
persona-msg       (77K) 12/ 8/00    Persona development. Ideas of
Persona.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/persona-msg.html
personas-msg      (95K)  8/ 8/94    Persona examples.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAS/personas-msg.html

The Florilegium is at: http://www.florilegium.org

I hope this is of use.

THLord Stefan li Rous