[Ansteorra] What to say when new

Susan catmafia at swbell.net
Mon Dec 31 12:56:07 PST 2001

>Well, you could try walking up and saying "Hi, my name is ___ and I'm new"
>
>Works on me.
>Timo

Sounds like a good approach.  I found that when we were new that I just
found the people who seemed to like to talk and asked my questions of
them.  They gave me tons of info and introduced me to lots of people and
with doing this at everything I went to, pretty soon I knew just about
everyone around.  It is funny that we have only been playing for 2 1/2 year
and people will ask if we remmember when such and such happened and I have
to point out to them that we didn't even live here then and hadn't heard of
the SCA at the time.

One of my favorite things about the SCA is how friendly and outgoing the
people are, just listen alot and ask when you don't understand something,
there should be plenty to help.  I can remember the earliest frustration
for me was not knowing enough about what was going on to be able to know
what questions I wanted answers for, that is frustrating expecially for a
curious one.  Listening is always a great approach along with reading tons
about the whole game and you will be ready to go out and find what you are
looking for.

Susan the Curious
Hospitaller
Barony of Northkeep