[Ansteorra] What to say when new

Brown, Charley W. Chass at lakewebs.net
Mon Dec 31 17:08:21 PST 2001

lol I tried the lost puppy bog look when I finally got the courage up to go
to a meeting and try out the sca back in the dark ages (10 years ago). We
didnt have a local group then... and I was haveing to go to N.K. :) but as I
had read alot of information when I had thought about it.. I was pretty
familiar (or so I thought) with the sca etc.. lol and felt that way till my
first event..... Then I learned a whole other side of the sca.... from
carrying baggage for a lady  in need to helping pitch tents... ahh nothing
like just jumping in with both feet to lose the newbie feel lol. We have
newbie classes here in Rundel to say ok this is how we act in meetings..
this is how we act at events.. this is what this belt means.. thats what
this sash means... etc etc.... There is honestly no prepareing one for their
first sca event lol (just remind them to have fun and they dont have to see
everything the first day lol)
Chass Brown aka Charinthalis Del Sans
Hospitaler/Minister of A&S Canton of Rundel
Owner Dwarvenhome Armory
www.dwarvenhome.com/dwarv1.html
Event Steward Margrave VIII