ANST - Period Fabrics

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Mon Feb 19 16:11:23 PST 2001

>From that description and the late time period, my guess would
be silk.

Silk can be had at reasonable prices, so you may not need to substitute
something else.

You might want to read through these files in the TEXTILE ARTS section
of my Florilegium for some more information:
fabric-ident-msg  (22K)  6/23/00    Identifying unknown fabric w.
various tests.
fabric-SCA-msg    (18K) 10/ 3/94    Finding period-like fabric in the
SCA.
silk-msg          (58K) 12/17/99    Types of silk, silk in the SCA and
period.

The Florilegium is at: http://www.florilegium.org

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net