[Ansteorra] Heat up the Boiling Oil, "Not to hot though"

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Jul 12 09:29:27 PDT 2001

At 10:36 AM 7/12/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Celeste here. Well, I don't mean to start the issue boiling again either.
>But ... I do need to make this distinction because I've seen it posted many
>times that people who responded favorably to the polling are all in favor of
>the principality. That's not necessarily true. The way the poll was worded
>was that it was a poll to see if there was enough interest to do an official
>polling. A lot of people (including myself)didn't respond for the very
>reason that they thought that by responding in favor of doing an official
>polling that their response would be taken as support for the principality
>issue. I for one am solidly against the issue but had I responded, I would
>have voted in favor of an official polling. Why? Because I would like to
>kill the issue for a few more years. Obviously, those of us that didn't
>respond for that reason were correct in not responding. It has been said
>over and over that all of these people responded in favor of the
>principality. No. They responded in favor of an official polling.
>
>My little two cents worth. Please don't take this as being hostile. I'm not
>trying to be.
>
>Lady Celeste de Montmorency

Lady Celeste,

While I can't speak for every single person who voted in the polling, I
have spoken to a majority of them.   I think that you are unfairly
representing what most of the people who voted were indicating.  While I
can see how your feelings could make you want to vote in favor of question
1, to force a formal polling. I think that most of the people where
speaking much more directly to the questions at hand.   Many wrote
additional comments to clarify their feelings.  The questions in the poll
were worded as follows.

1.Should the Northern Region begin the process to become a Sovereign
Principality?
Yes No (circle your choice)
2. Regardless of the Sovereign Principality question should the Northern
Region petition the
Crown to become a Crown Principality?
Yes No (circle your choice)
3.Regardless of the Principality question, would you like to have a name
and device for the
Northern Region?
Yes No (circle your choice)

I appreciate your comments and do not feel they are hostile in any
way.  Dialog is good especially if it can help us understand each other better.

Sir Burke