[Ansteorra] From the Rialto

Kimberly Koch sarapenrose at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 5 13:59:06 PDT 2001

I cannot possibly begin to describe how violently
opposed I am to posting this sort of information to
the lists. It invariably does more harm than good. I
can do nothing to mend the damage done, but I can tell
you what I believe with all my heart to be true.

While some of you may not be aware of who this post
was about, I am. He was my predecessor on
the Ansteorran throne, and a dear and beloved friend.
He has never tried to hide his criminal record in any
way, and its existence is widely known in the region
in which he lives. He served his time, and in the
intervening years has proven himself to be a man of
great chivalry and honor. He's a well-respected knight
and a landed baron, he served with kindness and wisdom
as king, and I would trust him with my *life*, without
a moment's hesitation. I could not have dreamed of a
better man to be Royal Heir to. My king and I named
him and his lady wife to the position of Baron and
Baroness, with a strong vote of approval from his
barony, and I will defend his fitness for that
position to my grave.

He does not deserve to have this nonsense dredged up
over and over again on public lists. He was judged and
punished by a mundane court of law 15 years ago; it is
*not* our place or our right to judge and punish him
again now.

As for the actions of our King, I must defend him as
well. I, for one, do not want the SCA to be defined
by the idea that part of the Dream includes running
background checks on our friends and neighbors. I am
grateful to my King for not condoning that action.

Countess Sara Penrose