[Ansteorra] Re: [Bryn-gwlad] Bad Meat?

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jun 19 13:33:34 PDT 2001

 > Unto Lady Tabitha Baker does HE Pendaran thus send greetings,
>
> Good my seneschal, I hope that all is well with your and your dear family.
> What's this I hear about one (some?) of the butchers in town selling bad
> meat? We can not have this sort of thing happening in town so close to
> Queen's Championship Tournament that is to be held here next month. Her
> Excellency and I cannot have the good people in attendance of this
> tournament getting sick from bad meat and wretching in the streets! Please
> see to it that the butcher's guild looks into this matter and that the
> problem is dealt with in your usual efficient manner.
>
> May the Lord keep and preserve you,
> Pendaran,
> Bryn Gwlad

My Good Lord,

Whilst you are at it, could you also ensure that these good butchers
be persuaded to not sell horsemeat intertwined with the beef, sheep
and goat they sometimes have available? I find such scullduggery
to border on thiefdom, but alas, have been unable to persuade these
butchers otherwise. It always seems to be a "mistake" that won't
happen again. The best I've been able to do is warn my housekeeper
to be quite careful when selecting our meat.

I have heard some rather dispicable rummors that the "meat" sold
in those "taverns' that have been causing such troubles lately
is even worse. However, I would have little first hand knowledge
of this myself as I don't frequent such places.

Your good servent,
Johann, the Mail-maker