[Ansteorra] Re; (Ansteorra) bryn gwlad

iainmacc at juno.com iainmacc at juno.com
Sun Jun 17 10:22:11 PDT 2001

> one man's noise is another man's information/ enjoyment. Whose standars
apply for           > the populace? Yours because you are overly annoyed
by trivial things? this is one of those   > slippery slopes that can
quickly lead to restrictive censorship which is never a good thing ...
> methinks you are taking this all way too seriously.

        Did I not ask for a consensus? Did I not say in just so many
words that I do appreciate the fact that they are having fun, merely that
I thought it was becoming a bit much? Did I, at any time, try to demand
anything?
        Methinks you are showing a tendency to delete/ignore anything I
said that doesn't jive with your prejudices.

> If that is the consensus, I will not trouble you further.
>
> welcome to the real world ...

        Welcome yourself, I'm already here. I hate to shock you, but your
side of an argument is not automatically the majority opinion simply
because it's your side. From what I've seen so far, the opinions seem to
be fairly evenly divided.

>        it is not really appropriate to take others to task for the
amount / quantity of mail

        Is that what I was doing? I thought I was stating my opinion
along with the reasons for it, and asking for the opinion of others. You,
on the other hand, have unmistakeably taken me to task for having the
nerve to state an opinion that differs from your own. What was that you
were saying about censorship, and applying standards based only on the
caprice of a single individual?

>        in the grande nature of things, it is not appropriate to expect
the list change for   > your personal convenience

        I agree, that's why I didn't. I asked for a consensus. Once
again, you have utterly ignored that which doesn't fit your assumptions.

> if it really bothers you so much, these days it's a trivial thing to
start one yourself
> (ansteorra-nofun ????) and moderate it however you desire

        Truly, you remind me of a woman who, when she found out that I
don't watch soap operas every single day, began telling people that I
"hate drama".
        It would be even more trivial for those who wish to follow that
thread to subscribe to the Bryn Gwlad list. It would also be a minor
thing to establish a link from the event announcement for those who
wished to follow these things. I was not insisting that things be done my
way (I apologize if I failed to make that sufficiently obvious), I was
trying to find out if others feel as I do.
        You can take it as given that I have found out what your opinion
is.

                                                'Nuff said.

                                                    Iain MacCrimmon