ANST - Celtic History Question

Carolyn Smith Pennington mara_of_rede at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 14:52:26 PST 2001

Maria, we have done Highland Games for years,
with only minor emphasis on things "Celtic". We
are billed (by them) as "Medieval Scotland".
Perhaps a "theme" would satisfy NTIF, perhaps
not.
There are ways to do the demo without excluding
other personas. We have offered, in the past,
classes on the real MacBeth, for instance.
Perhaps we could offer "Celtic" crafts, i.e.
chain mail making, bread baking, period cooking,
period songs, Celtic clothing, etc. I understand
why they want a Celtic emphasis, and I do not
think they will be hard-nosed about it.
Mara

--- Christine Huse <maria_elfsea at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> We had a demo at the North Texas Irish Festival
> during the weekend of Crown
> Tourney. The empahsis on NTIF is to promote a
> love of Celtic music in
> general. It has been brought up with the
> managers and cordinators that our
> demo was more Anglo/Saxon in nature. I fear
> that if the BoD for NTIF agrees
> that we did not fit in with the ambience of the
> festival, we will be
> cancelled. I am trying very hard to keep them
> from cancelling our demo next
> year.
>
> Thank you for your help!
> Maria

=====
HL Mara of Rede
Barony of Elfsea,Kingdom of Ansteorra
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nova/9561/

"It is better to light one candle than to curse the darkness."--Damon Runyon