ANST - Tie?

Bill and Susan Bowen bbowen at ev1.net
Tue Mar 20 05:10:04 PST 2001

Robert Haeffner wrote:

> 7 - 4 for Ansteorra.  So it was a tie.  (Ain't it always)  :)
>
> Ansteorra won the Ravine battle, the fort battle, the volunteer points, 1/2
> the A&S points, equestrian, and rapier.  (I think)
>
> We lost the field battle, the other A&S point, Live Steel, Archery.

Actually, we lost the fort battle by three minutes.  They took it in 38 min., &
we took it in 41.  We DID take it, though, thanks in large part to our seige
engines & allies.  I don't mind losing to those guys by three minutes- I had
fun.
The real losers of the castle battle were the people hurt coming off scaling
ladders. One lady broke her leg very badly when she landed on sloping ground.
The turrets haven't been terraced like Bordermarch did.  I think that it's a
bit more of a drop also.

Sir William of Weir