ANST - War and tactics

GuyLestran at aol.com GuyLestran at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 08:27:59 PST 2001

I agree with Mahee.  Both the ballista and arrow fire needs to be more
coordinated.  This happened during small periods of the battle, mostly with
the ballista and sometimes with groups of archers (two or three) at most.
Sir Timo was mostly the one working with the archers I believe when he had
the chance.  I'm not sure who coordinated the ballista fire.  It came later
in the defense though.

Things I think we need to work on are the archers working closer in and in
groups of 2 or 3 at least.  The groups with not as much experience need to
have their fire directed so that it is effective by someone who knows who
being killed would be more effective.  A good example would be....killing
some of the hats first as apposed to getting a shot on a shieldman in the
line (unless he has a hat or belt).  Some of the Dukes and the like are
tremendous combat multipliers by themselves.

I like the idea of everyone carrying a bow or crossbow.  It gives the rest of
the fighters some fun while they're waiting for the attack to hit the castle.
 It would be a little more difficult to organize while on the offense though,
but it is doable.  The more arrows we have in the air the better chance of
someone getting hit.