ANST - Steppes Warlord Merchanting

knotwork at juno.com knotwork at juno.com
Tue May 1 22:25:53 PDT 2001

Dear Morgan,

I am going to try to make it to merchant at Warlord this year.  What are
the chances you can arrange for dry weather without tornado-strength
winds?  <G>

 > 1)	Legal and SCA names of owner

Barbara Haire (HE Joanna Montgomery)

> 2)	Name of business

Stone Rainbow

> 3)	Mailing address and telephone number

4602 Oak Knoll
Abilene, Texas 79606

915-691-5228

knotwork at juno.com

> 4)	Type(s) of merchandise sold

Jewelry, books, and gift items.  Sometimes toys, candy, masks, fabric,
candles, oils, stones, mineral specimens, crystals, lots of surprises!

> 5)	Size of pavilion, or frontage needed

10X20 period pavilion if transportation is available, 10X10 pop-up with
painted walls if not.

> There is a registration fee is $5.00 or you can donate a prize worth
> at least that amount, your option.

I will be glad to do either that you wish.

> I am reserving spaces for merchants along the road, with a few on
> the side of the listfield, so accurate infomation about the pavilion
> size is preferred.  All pre-reserved space will be released at
> 10:00am on Saturday morning unless the merchant advised me in
> advance that s/he would be arriving late.  At this time,
> unregistered merchants may take places.

Barring bad weather or a health emergency, I will try to be there Friday.
 I need info on local motels available, and have not yet received my
Black Star.  Is there a web site with motels listed?

Please be aware that I will need handicapped parking, and that the
shorter the distance to the restrooms and parking area the better.

What are the chances of ever letting a few merchants set up in the hall?
I have been advised to avoid exposure to too much sun and heat, as well
as insects.  (What do doctors know?  I'll take my chances with everybody
else if necessary.)  Save me a good spot!  Thanks!

Joanna