[Ansteorra] Looking for some period songs for my son who is interested in Bardic

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Fri May 4 15:07:41 PDT 2001

Greetings Charinthalis,

You don't mention whether you need the music or just the
lyrics. As most of my material comes off of text-only
networks, most of my material is just the lyrics, although
there are referances to other sources which may have the
musical notation.

Check the PERFORMANCE ARTS section in my Florilegium:
p-songs-msg       (14K)  1/ 9/96    Period songs and song lyrics.
SI-songbook1-art  (86K)  5/29/96    A Collection of Scottish and Irish
songs,
SI-songbook2-art  (72K)  9/17/00       compiled by Ioseph of Locksley.
SI-songbook3-art  (77K)  5/29/96       (part 3 of 4)
SI-songbook4-art  (86K)  5/29/96       (part 4 of 4)
singing-msg       (23K)  7/ 6/00    Judging whether a song is period in
style.
song-sources-msg  (43K) 10/26/00    Sources for medieval songs. Book
reviews.
songs-msg         (48K) 10/13/93    SCA and medieval songs.
songs2-msg        (99K) 12/ 6/95    More songs.

While these files may be more oriented toward story telling, they
still may be useful for singing:
bardic-msg        (22K)  9/13/99    Period and SCA bards. Bardic topics.
Bardic-Guide-art  (27K)  3/ 2/99    "An Unofficial Newcomers Guide to
Bardic
                                       Circles and Competitions" by
Pamela
                                       Hewitt, the Harper.

For music, these sources might be of use:
music-bib         (14K)  1/24/95    Bibliography and reviews for period
music.
music-msg         (18K)  7/ 3/00    Period music.

The Florilegium is at: http://www.florilegium.org

I hope these files prove useful.

HLord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net