[Ansteorra] Re: eating horses and cats, oh my

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 25 10:02:04 PST 2001

>>And this is just for Europe. We won't even discuss Oriental,
>>American, African, and Arabic tastes.
>>Gunthar
>
>If you can do it with that much detail, oh please do.
>
>Susan

Well, people pretty much eat anything they can get their hands
on. One of the benefits from being omnivores.

This is very brief and geographical details cause differing
cuisines.

For North America some meats include:

Beaver, Bear, Dog, Horse, Armadillo, Snake, Shellfish, Lobster,
Crab, Venison, Antelope, Bison, most fowl other than the raptors
and carrion birds, salmon, trout, bass, minnow, alligator, crayfish,
walleye, carp, mussels, clams, elk, whale, seal, some insects such
as grubs and beetles, boar.

And this still just scratches the surface.

Gunthar