[Ansteorra] Coronation site

Denni Lozos webefroggy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 23 05:16:56 PDT 2001

--- Paul Gilbert <niklas at wt.net> wrote:
> Might try Castle Greystone in Thurber, Texas. It is the grey
> castle
> building on the south side of I-20 in Thurber, Texas. It is a
> big game
> ranch and dude ranch.

I talked to these people last year and they are really set up to
do executive retreats and weddings and such.  They are used to
getting a couple of hundred dollars a head at such functions,
and provide them with 'castle bed and breakfast rooms' (If I
remember correctly there are only 12 bedrooms) and big game
hunting.  Although I do think it would be fun to do something
there, it was very cost prohibitive and not reasonably sized for
large functions...and no camping.

The owner was on the verge of negotiating a lower price last
time I talked to him, but it would be one heck of a negotiation
down from a couple of hundred dollars a head.

Allyson