[Ansteorra] This weekend's demo at the Texas Renaissance Festival (long)

Bill and Susan Bowen bbowen at ev1.net
Thu Oct 18 17:47:11 PDT 2001

"Gerald L. Norris Jr." wrote:

Sunday's weather was glorious.  More fighters showed up for both chivalric and
rapier, including a certain knight (Sir William, please help me with his name)
who came from Meridies.  As a matter of fact, I remember hearing Sir William
and the knight in question mentioning (loudly) how they had not fought together
for almost 16 years.  It was a sight to see.

Unto all Ansteorrans-

Those with loooong memories may recall David Dragonhawk, who came to us from
Midrealm and sixteen years ago returned to the Middle Kingdom.  I recall a
dreary, rainy day that year at Renfair where by sheer force of will, a handful
of us forged a shining beacon of the Dream & set it on display for wondering
eyes to see.  On that day, David found "the heart of an Ansteorran"  which he
carries yet.  Five years ago, as his prowess grew, that kingdom recognized his
innate chivalry and elevated him to knighthood.  The king of the Midrealm is
indeed fortunate to have his service.

Sir William of Weir