[Ansteorra] Youth of Ansteorra

Celeste Shelton teacherceleste at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:08:01 PDT 2001

Many of you may have read the letter from Vicountess Katherine which was
posted to this list a few weeks ago.  She is trying to begin a youth
acadamy.  We have just begun to discuss some guidelines and I would like to
see her working with the MOC office in order to come up with a Kingdom wide
program.  Of course this would need to be discussed with the great officers
and their majesties in order to ensure safety, legality, etc.  Her idea is
to focus on teaching our youths 13-17 so that they are not bored and are
ready to fully participate when they turn 18.  As the Kingdom MOC, I am well
aware that it is difficult enough to get activities and volunteers for the
young children.  I am thrilled to have someone who wants to spearhead this
idea for our older children, but there will still be a need for volunteers
at events.  We like to talk about making sure our youth is learning and
involved, but then many groups leave them off the event planning entirely.

Okay, off the soap box. :)

Saundra
Kingdom MOC