[Ansteorra] Youth of Ansteorra

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 12:10:40 PDT 2001

Mahee writes:

"I was a bit disappointed by not hearing any replies to my youth
question. So, I stopped a few and asked them at Raven's Fort this last
weekend.

If you could have done anything this weekend that you did not get to do
what would it have been? Answers were :

1. "Have a teen pavilion so we can watch and talk without disturbing
other people."

*Those teen parties they do in the west are awesome, and the kids really
look forward to them.  I would even encourage Baronies to consider having a
teen liaison to coordinate them.*

"2. "I want to joust and fight." He was happy to learn that there was
fighting available for his age, but that jousting was just too unsafe."

*Boffer fighting is available when set up in advance, so is youth rapier,
but in addition, His Majesty and members of the Chivalry are in process of
defining new laws for Chivalric combat for age 16 and older.
More good news for teenagers ;).*

"I have forgotten the third, sorry. All responses were from newcomers."

Hope you remember!

"Again I say that I hear teens asking to serve their kingdom, but they
need ideas. Please send me any ideas you have that our teens can do
during events.

I would love to see the Ladies of the Rose talk with teens and teach
then what they would want in a Lady in Waiting or as a Page."

*I have a teen page on my entourage, and well as another who is attached to
me when I am just being a Duchess, they have endless energy and bring me
alot of joy.*

your servant,
mahee

In service,