[Ansteorra] Re: Ansteorra digest, Vol 1 #410 - 8 msgs

Gladwen at aol.com Gladwen at aol.com
Mon Apr 1 20:33:03 PST 2002

ansteorra-request at ansteorra.org writes:

<<  I do know that some fighters just take the plastic cup part of
 the supporter, stick it in their pants and call it good.  When I inspect
 fighters I ask, "are your wearing the required groin protection?"  This is a
 full contact sport, and we are all aware of the risk, so if a fighter goes
 out without proper groin protection, then he must not place a high priority
 on reproduction.  Armor inspection happens at the beginning of the war or
 event.  Honor and chivalry dictates that the fighter maintains the approved
 level of protection after the fighter is inspected.  If I had to go thru
 this "cup check", I would have to remove my tunic, kidney belt, and leg
 harness to get to the back of my supporter so the marshal could pull on it.

For all the "OLD TIMERS" here--I seem to remember back in the dawn of
history---Sir John the Plain and his "Rules for Better Gunching" at the First
Anvil War in Bordermarch---it had under armor inspection--that 'cups will be
checked with baseball bats'--bet they all had them on right for that event--
    Gladwen