[Ansteorra] Round Shields

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Mon Apr 8 22:41:10 PDT 2002

Gunnora said:
Ulf, I think your understanding of the Viking round shield is way off.  The
edges are not just *not* reinforced, they're thinner than the rest of the

Thanks for the info.  I took a quick look at the web site you listed and I
think I see a flaw in your argument.  But give me a day or two to look it
over before I concede or counter.  It's getting late and the clutch on my
brain is going out.  I may end up having to agree with you and change my
theory.

Thanks to the folks who've replied.  Please feel free to continue with the
input.  We in the SCA have an advantage over traditional researchers:  we
make and use the stuff.  And even the hairiest crayon-eating stick jock
usually has one or two fairly esoteric books on their shelves.

Ulf Gunnarsson