[Ansteorra] SCA slang

Theron Bretz tbretz at montroseclinic.org
Fri Apr 12 11:44:55 PDT 2002

> And as for the 'Terminology', someone is always going to be offended.  It
is the
> way of the world.

True.  But there is terminology and then there is derogation.  There are any
number of colorful terms we avoid using because we are, in theory, a polite
society.  If I started calling the party crowd, "The Village Idiots" (for
instance), I'd be called down for it in a heartbeat for being mean and
intolerant.  Call me an Authenticity Nazi and it's just "terminology".

Other than that quibble, I largely agree with your post.  All I'm asking for
is a little effort, not perfection.

Luciano