[Ansteorra] Resources for persona development

Maleah maleah at mmcable.com
Fri Apr 12 19:18:59 PDT 2002

Stefan said:
> Anyway, most people, Peer or not, will respond to a polite
> "m'lord" or "Lord". IMHO, any of them that get upset because
> you unintentionally used the wrong title, probably don't
> deserve their recognition as a Peer. I can think of many more
> that would much rather you take a chance on using the wrong
> title than have you avoid talking to them because of this fear.

When I teach my SCA 101 class or meet new people my comment to them on using
the wrong title is this. If the title you use in adressing a noble, peer,
etc. is incorrect and they care (some do, some don't),  they will POLITELY
give you the correct one. If they don't and choose to be offensive and rude
they do not deserve the respect you were trying to show them.

Vive le difference!!!!!

Hasheika Maleah
Baroness of Namron (among way to many other things)