[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Clickishness....

jaysmom jaysmom at swbell.net
Mon Apr 22 13:02:11 PDT 2002

>There seem to be fewer and fewer "older" people remaining onsite at events
>in the evenings and at night.  Because of this I see a growing split in
>culture because the "newer" people are not being exposed to the history or
>able to get into circumstances to easily get to know the "elders" in
>informal settings that breed comraderie...

guilty as charged :-(

a bunch of folks I know have been discussing this same issue recently and we
all agree that we *want* to do better. We want to camp and eat feast and
just hang around like we used to do in the good old days (back when we
couldn't afford hotels or eating out), and we keep intending to do it at
"the next event" but we're finding that life keeps getting in the way for
many of us, but I know we'll keep trying because it's important ;-)

regards,
Simone - who didn't camp at Bordermarch this past weekend due to aggravated
tendinitis, but hopefully at the next event . . .