[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Cliquishness....

brenda mchenry roana8 at msn.com
Wed Apr 24 09:43:39 PDT 2002

Why does it have to be males helping females?  One of the most pleasant
things I found was the fact that anyone with an open hand would help anyone
with full ones.  I have been helped by gentles old and young, male and
female, able and not so able.  I have offered assistance to the same.  My
children have fallen over each other in an attempt to aid someone over
burdened.  I often loose the older one to so-and-so who needed assistance
putting up a tent(while her father,brother and I are still struggling with
ours).  If occasionally I have to remind the younger one to help well he is
9.

In other words why is that only the men should help raise tents, carry
burdens, diaper children. (Ok the last one they can keep) Most of the ladies
and youngsters I know can hold a tent pole, hammer a tent peg, carry a
basket to the list field or bring a plate of food to someone who has trouble
getting up and down.

If we instill in our young people the "need" to help then everyone will reap
the rewards. The best way to do this is by example.

Roana FitzStephen
Du bist niemand als bei eine Katze ungewissand sind.