[Ansteorra] Re: [Ansteorra]

Denni Lozos webefroggy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 10:40:02 PDT 2002

I am sorry but several times I
> have had
> my infant, Toddler and two or three bags in my arms and no one
> offer
> assistance

Never, ever, has any friend or acquaintance in the SCA turned
down an honest plea for help when I asked.  I am simply amazed
at the comraderie involved, and I thank the many wonderful
people, men and women, who have offered me (and others)
assistance in the past.

I go to events prepared to be independent.  This allows for no
hurt feelings, and I can easily cope.  More often than not,
however, I find myself agreeing to the generous offers of help
along the way.

I don't believe this thread was started to get a count on who is
responsive to whom.  It was just an observation, posted on a
public list.

 My observation is this....if you can not manage to get feasibly
set up on site on your own, and you don't travel with others to
help, why are you relying on the chance that some good samaritan
will happen by to help?  By being proactive, you can overcome
most things.

(these words said in friendly conversation, not in ill respect!)

=====
Allyson Tymmes