[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Cliquishness....

Sean Hertzberg s_hertzberg at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 12:12:32 PDT 2002

Your Grace,

Good to see you about.  ;)

I agree.  It is a wonderful privilidge to help others.  I think it is part
of what makes our game fun and that the mundane world would be much better
if all behaved in such a manner and asked to help on a regular basis.

But...as I said before, EXPECTING everyone to drop everything at the drop of
the hat is a bit annoying.  While it does not take much to ask if someone
needs a hand, it takes just as much to be polite in asking for help or
politely declining when it is offered.

Avery Shaww

>I for one am very honored and pleased when either Lord or Lady offers
>assistance, in fact our squires often have races to see who can offer aid
>first to add a sense of fun in it.
>
>We are recreating the chivalric aspects of the middle ages so I try to
>reflect my offers or acceptance of help in that light.
>
>I would encourage gentleman and ladies who like to help to always offer,
>and
>if they are refused, bow or curtsey and wish them a good day.
>
>Larissa

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. I consider them unwise and I know they
are dangerous. Also, sinful. If a man should challenge me, I would take him
kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet retired spot and
kill him."
            ~ Mark Twain