[Ansteorra] History/Enculturation/Cliquishness....

Michael Smith morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:11:16 PDT 2002

I often wonder if those who are offered assistance don't understand that
altruism doesn't exist.  Truely, we don't offer help out of altruism.  We
get to feel good about ourselves when helping people.  That's a very
tangible reward, with no condesention involved.  Ah well.  I'll keep putting
my hand out there, knowing it'll be bitten now and then.  I guess that's
what the chain maille gloves are for. :)

So, when someone offers to help you out, remember they're asking you a favor
as well.  They're asking you for an opportunity to feel good about
themselves, a chance to look good, a chance to be in persona in a place
where it SHOULD be welcomed openly and happily.

Just this squire's two cents worth.

Yours in service,
Lord Morgan Buchanan