[Ansteorra] Too many events?

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Fri Apr 26 13:01:12 PDT 2002

While the number of events that occur in Ansteorra may be contributary to the issues that Jean Paul listed, I disagree that there are too many events.  Granted, the number of events taking place presently makes it impossible to attend everything.  But on the positive side, this situation makes it possible for more people to participate, particularly those who cannot or just don't like to travel.  Perhaps the greater problem is that it makes those who are willing/able to travel the length and breadth of the Kingdom spoiled for choice, or at least torn between two or more events at a time that they really want to attend.

And the increase in the number of events is not necessarily directly related to the change in format (nothing scheduled for Friday night or Sunday morning).  IMHO, it is more likely a symptom of the changing demographics of the Populace at large - older, more time commitments to family, career, house, health issues, etc.

Pádraig