[Ansteorra] SCA slang

Richard Morgan rmorgan at satx.rr.com
Mon Apr 8 20:36:57 PDT 2002

    A great hypothesis based on the facts available, however when I joined
twenty three years ago it was kind of a mater of kingdom pride that we
didn't use these terms. One of the many justifications that I heard at that
time was what good Ansteorran would want to use terminology  invented by
fantasy elements from the Midrealm. In reality it did not matter where they
originated, because of the fact that sense these terms had not been in use
when we were new to the SCA  those of us from that time felt that they were
superfluous and silly and never developed an appreciation for them.. Just as
many of our newer folk that live in places where they are used find them
quaint and endearing. As for me, personally they make me cringe. Now if you
wanted to hear a dwarfish rant for about an hour or so, if you lived that
long, you could of had this discussion with Duke Lloyd, just refer to your
conveyance as a dragon.
     Now Pendaran, come on, His Grace was seldom seen when he played, he was
heard, and felt often, but seldom seen.

Looming in the shadows,
Sir Richard ap Morgan